Friday 19 April 2013

A couple of things..

I have always been lucky in the sun because I have always got a nice colour when tanning! BUT for some unknown reason, in the last few years, my legs don't! Weird, I know, but my mum is the same.  We will come away from abroad with a tan on our thighs, knees & feet, but the bit in between there is nothing...WHAT IS THAT ABOUT? So in preparation for Elliot's sisters wedding (it's in August, but I want to practice just in case) I have bought the Palmers Natural Bronzer. I have wanted to buy it for ages but kept forgetting to purchase whenever I was out, but then saw it on offer when I was in Sainsbury's so snapped that up. I have seen it knocking about on a few blogs over the last few months and everyone has had lots of positive things to say about it.  The first time I used it was last night, and as silly as it sounds, I was a bit nervous.  I have never used anything like this before.  I've also never used fake tan or been to a tanning salon, so yesterday I was a complete tanning virgin.  Today, however, things are slightly different.

I didn't use a lot because it was the first application and I wasn't entirely sure what to expect so just used a couple of squirts. Apparently tan is usually a bit wiffy, so I was expecting to be overcome by stinky fumes, but this didn't smell horrid at all, it was just the normal strong coco smell.  I tried the best I could to get it on evenly over my legs, but I suppose until the next day you never really know what its going to look like. All I can say is that only a small amount definitely gets you somewhere. I now have bronzed legs...woohoo! Although my legs are now looking nice and healthy, my ankles look like they have had the whole contents of the bottle on them. So it's only a slight hiccup, but I now know for future usage that the ankles will be a problem area and to try and take a little more care when applying it too them.  Overall, I really liked this and excited at the prospect, that for once in my life I potentially might get my legs out in the Summer rather than covering up.  But that's another bridge to climb when we get to it!

On a different note, I'm sure everyone has seen the laaavley Topshop Adonis2 boots.  Well, I have been desperate for them for a long time, but as you probably well know, they have been sold out completely for quite a while now. I have been watching a few on eBay, and they are going for like £100 which a lot more than I would be willing to pay to be honest. I was browsing the other day and come across Next 2 Nowt which I had forgotten about and thought I would take a chance at searching for the beloved Adonis boot. When I saw them there, in my size, and had only been worn once with very little wear I.was.so.happppy! THEN I saw that they were only £35, so naturally, I instantly hit the buy button! They arrived the next day and are a lovely as I imagined.


Getting a snap of my vehicle in the background there, ha! 

Lets all sit in silence and appreciate the shoes together...


Follow on Bloglovin
You can now follow my blog via bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. Those boots are so so so beautiful!

    Follow back?
    http://lucydivision.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool boots!

    www.timelessdifference.com

    ReplyDelete